Monday, October 5, 2015

I Once Was Lost, But Now Am Found


So this week was....another week in the mission. 

  To explain the title:  This week on the way home from the mission offices, we took a wrong bus.  We realized that it went a different way than normal, but I still recognized where we were and the conductor was calling out a place we recognized, so we thought it would be ok.  We started going further and further from where we thought we should be going to get home and ended up way far from home without any idea of how to get back.  We were on a busy highway at 7 o´clock.  We started walking, trying to locate where we were, but didn´t recognize any of the cross highways.  Ask, but no one knows how to get were we need to go.  It was a good time, exciting adventure.  At the end we just took a taxi and got home safely.  

  Next story.  Saturday morning, we wake up and there´s no water, so we realize that we won´t be able to shower, but we stay calm and don´t think too much of it, untill the next morning when there isn´t water again, and by now we´ve gone one day without showering and I´ve gone 3 days without washing my hair...so we thought it might be a little important to shower.  So we decided to say a specific prayer so we could shower.  We kneel down and say a prayer asking for enough water to come for us to be able to shower.  Hna. Imán goes to shower but there isn´t water, so I tell her that she can´t stand in the shower with her PJs on waiting for the water to come, that she had to take a step of faith.  So a few minutes later, I hear the water come and she says there isn´t much but it is enough.  And we showered from a small stream of water from the sink, filling up a measuring cup. But it was enough.  and the cup filled up so fast and it seemed the water went a long way.  I know it was something so small, but it was a miracle for us.

  Then the conference was obviously amazing, the best conference for me.  Because this time I actually had something I needed.  Usually I can never think of anything to ponder or ask in my heart, but this time I did and it got answered.....multiple times.  It was amazing.  I encourage all to watch it if they haven´t already.

   Well that´s all for this week!  Everyone have a fantastic week!  and a special shoutout to my favorite sister that turns 23 this week!  LOVE YOU!  Enjoy Taylor Swift´s "22" while you can.

 

Also, played soccer (futbol) for the first time today....I´m tired, but the important thing is WE WON!  with all humility....obviously.

 
I have to add this sweet picture...
I mentioned today that I was thinking I would be getting a note from church travel about her travel plans when she comes home and she responded:  "ahhh, mom why did you have to say that, I don't want to think about any paperwork about that yet."  I love that she is loving her mission and is not wanting to think about that time that she will come home.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment