Monday, September 22, 2014

THIS.IS.PERU....BAPTIZE!!!


This week we had a zone conference with our mission president.  And he is the bomb, I´m sorry for all you missionaries reading this because my mission president is the best.  He´s on a Jeffrey R. Holland level awesome.  So we were just being jam packed with the Spirit and how to be awesome.  Basically anytime he talks to us I feel like Pain and Panic from Hercules, "WE ARE WORMS!"  He definitely knows how to motivate, He expects us to baptize, so that´s what we´re going to do. Period.  

We did in fact have our first baptism on Sunday.  And by "our" I mean a baptism that we helped bring about through working with the Spirit, because we couldn´t do anything without the Spirit.  It was really great, Hermana Rios and I sang and I had to play and sing at the same time, and also learn how to transition from one key to another....yeah, I´m pretty cool.  No, but we sang "How Great Thou Art" then transitioned to "I Believe in Christ" then back to the first.  The baptism was really great.  She was happy, we were happy, just a lot of happiness.  I definitely hope to have many more in the future.  But we need to find investigators first....but yeah that was the highlight of this week.  The church is true.  Have a great week!


good call on the first aid kit.  I took a little fall last week while we were running to our apartment.



We were trying to get to our apartment to change and grab a knife to get back to the church because our district/zone bought a cake for two of the elders´ birthdays, and there was a step and I didn´t quite make it.  All the dogs here are friendly, so we never have to run from them. ( I had asked her if they were running from dogs.)

I miss american candy.  I also miss bread.  There is bread here all around, but I haven´t bought any yet, and our pensionista doesn´t give us bread ever.  I have like a loaf of bread, but I miss biscuits and rolls.

We don´t get to watch conference until the next weekend, because its voting weekend this week.  Not that it matters, it will be in Spanish so I won´t understand anything.  But I´m excited. Yeah, I play the piano every week in Sacrament, and they don´t tell me the songs until about 10 to 9, so if I´m lucky I can run through them a couple times.  So far I´ve been able to play the songs fairly well, but I know there are a lot of hymns that I never played so I´m nervous for the day they pick one of those.  I have had to sight read a couple sacrament hymns because I never practiced any of those, but so far so good.  It´s actually pretty amazing, and this has to be a blessing from the Lord.  We have sung a couple songs that I never played before my mission, but for some reason in the MTC, they were stuck in my head so I started to play them, and the first week we sand one and last week another, and yesterday another.  They were "Lead Kindly Light", "The Lord is My Light" and "In Our Lovely Deseret"  And they were songs that I was super familiar with, but they would just get stuck in my head in the MTC so I learned how to play them.  and they aren´t super easy songs, so I wouldn´t have been able to sight read them.  Funny how the Lord works.

Hermana Jenna Ahern

No comments:

Post a Comment