Monday, October 27, 2014

My run-in with the international police

Well this week has been hectic.  On Monday night we got a call that my companion and I had to go to Lima because I have to go to Immigrations and Interpol.  So Wednesday morning we get up and get ready while they installed our new water heater (YESS!!) and then went to Lima.  We chilled at the offices, then to immigrations, then back to the offices.  All of the new missionaries were reunited again.  It was a good time.  Then we stayed with other hermanas and woke up bright and early to go to interpol.  Highlight there, I met a guy from Holland, who grew up in Brazil, and went to an American School and is now studying in Peru....probably the coolest person I´ve ever met.  Then we went to the bus station, but Hermana Rios forgot her ID so they wouldn´t let her get on the bus.  Therefore, we have to wait for an hour or so for the missionaries in the office to bring her an ID.  Then our cellphone died on the bus.  It was quite a day.  Then Friday, we went back to Lima for a multi-zone conference and interviews.  Just a reminder that my mission president rocks...that´s all.  And I ate more those three days than I normally eat in a was awesome.  So because of all that, we didn´t get a whole lot done unfortunately this week.

 This is our roommate reunion (minus Hermana Russell who decided to serve a mission in Salt Lake)


And us waiting at the bus station.
Next week on emails from Hna. Ahern: I will write a descriptive email of the mission life and peru...for those of you who want to know. 
In a side note, Hermana Ahern got to talk to Elder Halverson for a few minutes while she was in Lima to go to Immigrations and Interpol.  Just a small bit of "home" makes her feel better and ready to go again. 
She says she loves Hermana Rios and they are hoping to get one more transfer together, but aren't expecting that to happen.  I'm so proud of her and so glad she is so happy serving the Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment