Monday, September 21, 2015

Do you remember, the 21st night of September?


FYI, that title was my idea first, Sister Norman just cheated because she´s like 20 hours ahead of me.  ;)  And the title was a three way battle between that song, "Hey, I got my new shoes on, and everything´s gonna be right" and "Let´s go to the beach, beach, let´s go get away"  Explanation to follow.

    So this week....I got new shoes and a new bag, it´s crazy to think that they are the same shoes....you´ll see why.  

  I had a day of eating more sugar and sweets than I have in a very long time.  I was on a diabetic coma watch for a few days after, but so far so good.

  We had to speak in sacrament meeting, with a whopping 1 hour or so of preparation, #missionprobs.  

  And the biggest highlight.....we went to the beach.  Although, it wasn´t that exciting because it was to clean.  But I will try to explain a little so you understand what it means to "clean the beach" 

   1. This beach is not a sand beach, it is rock and trash

   2. There is factory run-off, so it smells awful and the water is highly contaminated.

   3. It is basically a dump.  There is so much trash that you would have to clean it all day everyday for a month or more to get rid of all the trash, and I´m not exagerrating.   There is trash of all shapes and sizes, from plastic cups to dead dogs and more.  Diapers, tires, partially eaten food, tubing, containers, bags, shoes, etc.  And we had to clean all of that with plastic, disposable gloves.  It was quite the experience.  I got home and showered and sent EVERYTHING to wash.  But it was a good time. 

   Other than that, a typical week, working and finding.  All is well!  Love you all!  Have a great week!






Love those airheads!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment