Monday, January 12, 2015

Food worth sharing



Well this week, a few fun things happened.  
  Firstly, Hermana Archibald (our mission president´s wife) went out with us because they all came up for training the next day. Talk about pressure, but it all went well, and she told us we did well.
   Next day, training with president and interviews.  I´ve now learned the secret to baptizing.  Good times.
   We also celebrated the birthday of an elder from Guatemala, so my companion being from Mexico made homemade tortillas, and we made guacamole and we had some authentic Mexican tacos, it was incredibly delicious.  And just to help you understand how good it was, I´ll tell you that I haven´t taken a picture of any food since coming here, but I took a picture of these tacos.
   Then we got a really strong hail storm.
   Then I had to give a talk on faith that I prepared in about 10 minutes, and also got a lesson on faith from one of our investigators that recently discovered she has a disease that´s pretty serious.  So we talked to them about fasting, but assured her that she didn´t need to because she was going to be taking pills.  But she told us that she could wait to start taking them, so we told her she really didn´t have to, but without hesitation she said, "no, I want to"  That hit me, that she has so much faith, she is willing to do hard things because she knows Heavenly Father is with her.






No comments:

Post a Comment