Sunday, July 13, 2014

My Farewell

Well today was my farewell.  My title was 'Choosing to be Happy in Tribulation Through Coming Unto Christ.'  It was great to see all of the people who love and support me.  This whole journey has been a roller coaster.  A couple weeks ago I was at a friend of mine's farewell and I asked him how he was feeling.  He said he was numb at that point.  I said I had been through all the emotions, fear, excitement, sadness, etc.  He said yeah and that's just one day.  Going on a mission is an enormous commitment and decision.  Not one to be taken lightly.  And once you decide, you have to know that that is what is right, because Satan puts all sorts of obstacles in your way to try and change your mind.  I've seen that with many of my friends who have gone before me, and I've seen it in my life as well.  I still am very nervous about it all, but I know I have to put my trust in Heavenly Father.  His plan for me is bigger than anything I could plan for myself.  I know if I'm in His care, I will be taken care of.  I leave Wednesday of this week.  I fly out of Twin at 6:30 AM and go to Mexico to the MTC.




 I'm so thankful for these people and the support they've been to me over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment